Tuesday, January 16, 2007

DINING PLEASURE

Normally speaking, I HATE people with attitudes. But sometimes, the planets and stars are aligned perfectly and the circumstances are JUST RIGHT and some attitudinal fag finds his way into your life and PERFECTION happens. Such is the case of my outing at a GREAT hole-in-the-wall on Bourbon St. called Clover Grill. First of all, I cannot say enough about this restaurant. This tiny restaurant which could fit in my bedroom, is located in the fruit loop of the French Quarter. The music blares like its a dance club no matter what time of day or night. Patrons and staff cannot help but dance while sitting or standing. Hungry? The burgers are to die for...grilled scrumptiously under an American made HUB-CAP. Don't like to wait for service? Read the menu...its a ball of laughs!! My favorite part is under the "Weenie" section. And of course this place staffs the best in ATTITUDES for dealing with the drunks that trickle in at all hours of the day and night.


Here's my story!

I was sitting at one of the 5 tables in the joint with my friend Troy and another friend whom I had just met. We were grooving to the music and dancing in our chairs. A Britney *coughs* Hooch *coughs* Spears song had just ended, offering a moment of quiet, right as our waiter had placed a nice cold glass of water in front of Troy who simultaneously announced, "The only difference between Britney Spears and the Scissor Sisters is that the Scissor Sisters SUCK!" I could feel the mood in the table's aura immediately shift. Our waiter stopped dead in his tracks. He looked at Troy with that "OH NO YOU DID NOT!" face, grabbed his fresh glass of water, THREW IT IN THE GARBAGE, and LEFT our table! LMAO!! Troy was left with his jaw hanging, and I couldn't stop laughing!!! If ever there could be an example of perfect timing...this was it! Eventually he made his way back with another glass of water for Troy but grimly announced that Troy would be getting the check! WOOTS!!

16 comments:

Adrenaline said...

now thats funny LMAO

Anonymous said...

That is hysterical. I guess he was a SISTER also.

sKILLz said...

Thats crazy. I guess he didnt want to flat out smack him in the face so he did that instead.

Anonymous said...

Take me there i wanna go there! You dancing to Britters? I have to see that. But ha haha hahahaha shame on Troy although it would of been much funnier if the water was thrown in his face.

Shelly said...

See now this is the king of shit I live for. You should KNOW there will be tomfoolery any time you step out with Troy. This is why you MUST arm yourself with a pocket sized Troy-cam. Dont leave home without it!!

New phrase!!!

TROYED - inevidable "ass" moment usually associated with an outing involving Troy.

Uree said...

Liam, I thought the SAME THING!!! But I guess he was trying topreserve some sort of tip :P When he brought the new glass around I told him "DONT GIVE HIM THAT!" But he did anyway...

Clover Grill on the list for the British Invasion! WOOTS!

And Shells YOU FUCKING KILL ME!! My first thought was "DAMN wheres my camera?"

Anonymous said...

You know you can get a cam thats stuck inside an earing or even your retina. Go get that implanted and all we be done

Rachel said...

LMAO!!!!!!
Holy shit!!! that is AWESOME!!!

Shelly said...

Yeah, yeah, to hell with the boob job I've been saving up for, I want the "earlobe-cam"!!!

Good thinking Liam!!

Uree said...

im so bad about not having a camera...like today we are having a pep rally for the saints complete with a "special guest." I totally forgot my cam for a blog item :( but im gonna see if i can get a pic from someone.

Anonymous said...

Oh dam you with no camera. Thats why you need a video mobile phone so you can capture anything at anytime like mine, although my cam is crap

Shelly said...

K, You're keeping your minnions waiting for new snacks!!

I feel a list comming...

1.I cant face another day without Manny.

2. He was my Everything.

3. I still sleep in his soiled wife-beater tank top that he left in my car.

4. I know, by the grace of God, he would want me to carry on his message.

5. He was a spiritual leader, like Manson.

6. When he spoke, woman af all shapes and sizes listened.

7. Manny, dear Manny... Ripped from my heart too soon.

Uree said...

im sorry...the weekend is almost here...i been feeling all funky this week and not motivated to do anything :(

soon! I promise!

Anonymous said...

Hurry ive been checkin everyday for a new blog and nothing. I hope you give us something extra special on the next one ;-)

Anonymous said...

I love that restaurant. Ernie and I had "breakfast" there at 5AM when we were in NOLA for SS. I always go there! Their food is sooooooo yummy!

Manny
xoxo

Anonymous said...

And yeas, the staff there are really into their music! This bad ass song was just ending when we entered the restaurant and Ernie was all, "I love Alicia Keys!". The cook comes up to us and tells him "HELL NO! That ain't her, this is a woman with talent, with soul, this is India.Arie!". And yes, I totally agreed with the cook :-)