Monday, November 27, 2006

STUDY BREAK

Mark Twain once said, "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."

To that I say FUCKIN 'A!! And I'm a teacher...

So I warned you to expect the random on this blog. I intend to randomly post utterly quotable quotes from MY STUDENTS.

Let me set the scene. We could be in class, in transition from point A to point B, sitting quietly for a clearly defined purpose, deep in thought about the theme of the week, or sharing our writing activities, when out of the blue, out of left field, with no rhyme or reason comes the thing that was SO IMPORTANT that everything had to be interrupted, pushed to the side, neglected, thrown out the window because...

"Ms. Franklin, my Uncle Ronnie was Mr. America."

More STUDY BREAKS to come...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love it when kds say random things!!

Anonymous said...

Kids let it rip, let me tell you and they aren't shy about it.

This kid at the Peds office today got a shot and he let us know he was none too pleased about it.

"NOT NICE", screamed the child, while he pointed at the whole office. His mom is gonna have a hell of a time ever getting him back in there again! A sucker didn't do it for him.

Rachel said...

LMAO!! That is my life dude. It is funny as hell is it not!!!

I love it when my daughter would be all excited to tell me somethin really important and then in the middle of the story....she'd forget what she wanted to tell me....LOL!!!

Uree said...

oh I get that ALOT in class...kids with their hands up BUSTING out of their skin Arnold Horshack style....i call on them and SILENCE...give them think time...silence..."do you remember what you wanted to say dear?"--"no, forgot."

i wish i had been keeping a diary of some of the things that kids have said to me over the years...but who has time?

Rachel said...

Keep a notebook at your desk. Write it down, you could publish it in a few years as a New York Times best seller. That would be a cute book. LOL! Kids are funny.

Anonymous said...

Im exactly the same, ill say something random and off topic that has no relevance to whatever we are talking about. Its what i do best.

Uree said...

^^^remember any doozies from when you were 5??

Anonymous said...

oh no thats way to long ago, i dont remember stuff from last week. But ill rack my memory and see what i can remember.

Anonymous said...

When I was little girl, many many ages ago, I used to call my aunt's boyfriend AUNT GEORGE. Now that I look back upon it, I guess I really WAS destined to wind up a fag hag.....

My aunt has never let me live that down, BTW......

Uree said...

HAHAHA...i wish i had an Aunt George :)