Saturday, March 10, 2007

FAMOUS ANONYMOUS

CHICAGO

Here's my Chi-Town experience in a nutshell.

We arrive in the morning hours and went straight to the venue. We immediately notice the buses parked on a side street and we became so excited that we looped around about 4 or 5 times just hoping and praying to see someone, ANYONE. Then to my erroneous surprise, I thought Sammy Jo walked in front of our car. But later that night we realized how ever so wrong I was...In a good way!
We made it to the venue a full hour and a half later than I was hoping to arrive, it was raining, and there tons of people already in line. I gave up my hopes of a front row show. When they allowed us in, they made us separate into a boy line and i girl line. WTF?? So again the men's line FLEW thru the door, we women were at a snails pace because of purses and such that needed to be searched. The venue was old and dank and not very impressive.

BUT, as we made it to the second row from the stage, we were regaled with Sammy Jo djing for nearly 3 hours. WOOTS!!!!! That man is gorgeous, I LOVE HIM!!! He smiled at me twice cause I'm sure hes in love with me as well. LOL. We met 2 super sweethearts, Alex and T.J. who were right in front of us. I loved chatting with them. We were tortured for about 20 minutes by the "opening act" called Wigs on Sticks. And they were just THAT, wigs on sticks! They "sang" songs out of the fifties I guess...old timey stuff. In between each song a voice talked to the crowd. We somewhat think this is the brainchild of Jake Shears cause its something insanely stupid that he would do. Guy thinks the voices we kept hearing were the Sisters. I'm not so sure.

FINALLY around 9:00 the SCISSOR SISTERS took the stage opening the show with Paul McCartney. Jake emerged in one of those damned Disney suits that I disdain so much. Ana was gorgeous as always. Del was looking quite scrumptious, Paddy was cuter than I expected, and Babbydaddy looks like hes lost alot of weight. The set list was different from New Orleans. I didn't like the order of the songs. Filthy Gorgeous was in the middle of the set. WTF?? By song 3 he was throwing water into the crowd which felt really good...I felt like I had stepped out of a shower. Jake relayed to the crowd that he had been thrown out of a bar in Boys Town earlier in the day because he didnt have his ID with him. It struck me funny how different their lives are in America. Anyone overseas would have known exactly WHO he was, HOW OLD he was and prolly what color his underwear was. But HERE...NA DA! Their encore was Take Your Moma and I Dont fell Like Dancing. I did catch a glimpse of Jake's ass-crack during the encore when he unzipped his pants and showed us "some REAL FRUIT." I was somewhat let down...Jake didn't strip, he didn't go nuts, and there seemed to be no climax to the show. Jake was alot more theatrical than he was in New Orleans. I was much more exaggerated in his movements and his facial expressions. I think the past several months of playing arenas has changed his style a bit. He is a SHOWMAN with high energy and a love for the crowd. As the roadies began taking down the stage, I begged and pleaded until one of them gave me a set list that had been danced on all night and he also handed me one of Babbydaddy's guitar pics. :)

I don't think they received the King Cake I sent to them. :( After the show we stayed by the stage door for about an hour in the rain. I noticed someone whispering in someone else's ear and then scurry off so Guy and I followed. We caught a glimpse of Jake in a back alley with Sammy Jo smoking a cigarette. We held eye contact for about 2-3 seconds. Security was yelling at us and I didn't feel as tho Jake was very receptive to fans at that moment. Guy thinks I'm overreacting but I sort of feel let down with this show. The crowd was a rougher crowd, they were shoving and pretty rude at times. I'm just ready to leave Chicago already.

Guys computer does not have the connection that I need to upload my pics so ill edit my posts when i get home to update them with pics. Hopefully Ill be able to update my blog after each show.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! U sound like u had a great time hon. but i can see what u mean by feeling let down. how long have they been on the road now? a good few months, they are all probably really tired. BUT.. thats no exuse! u fans have paid for a great show, and a great show is what u should get!! play safe out there hon <3 all my drama love! <3

Anonymous said...

WOW!! U sound like u had a great time hon. but i can see what u mean by feeling let down. how long have they been on the road now? a good few months, they are all probably really tired. BUT.. thats no exuse! u fans have paid for a great show, and a great show is what u should get!! play safe out there hon <3 all my drama love! <3

Shelly said...

YEAHHHHH!! No berries and twiggs? For shame Jake!!
I'm glad you're keeping us updated!! Chicago isn't one of my favorite places either....

Unknown said...

The Detroit concert was about the same, but I loved it. The one fault I had was that they didn't sing Mary which is my favorite. Wigs and sticks was annoying, but my cousins and I had a good laugh about it on the way home.

Uree said...

Ive arrived in St. Paul and I wanrt to make clear that the show last night was an amazing show!! IT WAS!! I was just rubbed wrong by the city and alot fothe people we came into contact with. But I am a firm believer that the Sisters cannot do a bad show! I have high hopes for tomorrow night because I WILL BE FRONT ROW!! Come hell or high water...and i have already survived both!!

Anonymous said...

Next time you need to just go right up to Jake and start a conversation. But its sounds like fun, to bad it wasnt the same as New Orleans but theres plenty of shows left still.
xxx

Anonymous said...

wooohooo, you are blogging while on the road..i love it....last night ya'll were just getting your feet wet...i think the excitement, and the journey will continue to build and unfold.i just feel its going to just get bigger and bolder each night..have fun along the way, take many rediculous pics, as i want to see your tour de mid america!!!and most important, can't wait to see ya in Dallas...