Saturday, October 13, 2007

ROCK OPERA

ACROSS THE UNIVERSEI went to see Across the Universe last night with a new dear friend, Alexiss. I have to admit I had no clue what the hell it was, who was in it, or why I was going to see this film. I am not a fan of musicals. I am not a Beatles fan. And I had not seen a trailer or heard any reviews. I feel so out of touch. But anyway, along I went.

SO GLAD THAT I DID!!!

One of the reasons that I had stopped going to movies is because films like THIS are rarely made anymore. This is one of the most ORIGINAL, most THRILLING, most EXCITING, most VISUALLY APPEALING films of our time. I was mesmerized by the amazing musical numbers which were BRILLIANTLY produced. AND there is a SEXY Brit in the movie!!!!!!!

The most shocking thing for me is that I LOVED the music. I was always an ELVIS girl before. I always said one could only love Elvis or The Beatles, but apparently there's enough love to go round for both. I have a new found respect for The Beatles...

Watch the trailer for Across The Universe here. Enjoy picking out some of your favorite stars *whispers* BONO!



7 comments:

Peppa said...

I LOVE musicals! I LOVE the Beatles!! I LOVED LOVED LOVED the movie. But more then all that, I love you and Simon! And the ghetto mattress too!

Anonymous said...

Im not that much of a fan of the beatles. There are a few songs i do like though. Ill have to watch this film as your girls said its so good and the trailers looks great.

Sunshine said...

I grew up with The Beatles thanks to my dad!!! I love them!!!

I remember watching the trailer earlier this year and i got goose bumps...but of course, as usual...all of my stuffy friends here don't care to watch it!!

I also love musicals. I was raised behind the scenes at backdoor theater at the falls so I know a thing or two.

I'm glad you girls had fun. I don't know if I can wait until February to see you guys. The wait is killing me!!! hahahhaa

Peppa said...

We can't wait to see you either Sunshine!!!

xoxoxo

Shelly said...

Mansons homewrecking 19 year old is in it. She did a CSI that I love with Dekoda Fanning too. I want to see this so bad!!! Stupid Manson has branded her in my mind.

TEAM DITA!!!!!
*i still want to see this anyway*

Anonymous said...

oh my god this is like the best movie I have seen in a long time. I saw it twice, have the sound track and will buy it on dvd when it comes out. I am a fan of the Stones, But I loved this movie!!!!!!!

Uree said...

ME TOOO!! Ihave the soundtrack and I cant seem to stop listening to it! WOOTS!